Thursday, November 5, 2009

Chicken pox, flu and the abscessed tooth...

As I mentioned in my previous post in the past 4 months I have dealt with not only a case of adult onset chicken pox but the flu as well. And I almost forgot to mention the tooth that just about killed me in between there.

Please if you have an abscessed or infected tooth/teeth ~ GO NOW to have it either fixed if possible or pulled out. It is NOT worth the headache (literally) or the added expense of the doctor bills because of the infection spreading through-out your body. I kept putting it off, putting it off till it was nearly too late. What I thought had died down had actually spread to my kidneys and other areas of my body. The scary part is it could have very well spread to my brain had it not been caught when it was. And ladies I don't think I need to tell you about the balance of yeast verses antibiotics in the body. For those of you who don't know, the high doses they use to combat bacterial infection usually brings on one of the most horrid yeast infections you will EVER have. Trust me on this one!

Chicken pox. Sounds almost harmless compared to all the things a child/adult can contact now days. I was lucky in my youth, I missed each and every childhood disease from mumps through measles. I had a slight case of the chicken pox at 19 and that wasn't too bad. Felt more like a small mass of mosquito bites more then anything else. Fast forward to July of this year. I have no idea where I came in contact with it. My youngest child is home schooled and church classes hadn't yet started for him. What I thought was an allergic reaction to something turned into the worst 27 days of my life! I would rather give birth then have chicken pox! And no I am not exaggerating. I was constantly itching, in pain and could not get comfortable no matter what I wore or how I sat/laid. So folks I do hope none of you, not even my enemies out there come across this childhood disease because I can tell you it is not a pretty site or feeling.


In the days following the exit of the pox I started to feel decent again, no more itching, yay! I thought my bad days were over. But then as I woke one morning, BAM! Like a falling rock out of nowhere it hit me. An early case of the flu. If it was swine flu I have no idea, the doctors never bothered testing for it. For me swine flu or seasonal with an already weakened immune system and thyroid issues too boot it reduced me to using a bottle just to take in nourishment & fluids and a bedside potty. Humiliating and degrading at any age. But I could not move more then 1-2 feet without growing so weak it would take me 30 minutes or more to recover. I have never been this weak in my life. Not even after a near fatal car crash! I spent the better part of the past couple months getting over it. And even still now I am left with the aftershocks to the body. The worst part is over but not soon forgotten.

I have to be honest with myself, and all of you. If I was taking better care of my body in the first place I wouldn't have had such a bad time with any of the above. My advise to all is stop, take a moment to listen to your bodies. Stop filling it full of junk, tobacco and alcohols. I am not an activist against any of these things, in my opinion it is too each their own. For myself personally I don't smoke, do drugs and I only drink dinner wine but I am guilty of the junkie pleasures, ie; soda/chips and pastas. Now all I have to do is take my own advise and things should look up, lol!

Thank you for taking a moment to listen to my ranting, whining and such. I love & appreciate each & every one of you :)

Have a Wonderful Thursday!

Peace be with you...

2 comments:

  1. I couldn't agree more. You need to treat the abscessed tooth asap! I found this link that might help ya http://dentalcool.blogspot.com/2009/11/abscessed-teeth-need-dental-services.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Katterine! I had the one out but another is acting up, so I am going to check out that link!

    Have a Great Thanksgiving week!

    Peace be with you...

    ReplyDelete