Monday, November 16, 2009

Paranormal Activity (the Movie) w/spoilers.

Wow! I was amazed at the fact this movie was made for a mere $11,000 in someones home. Amazing! It had a real life feeling to it. It brought Micah & Katie the two main characters in the film quickly into your heart. You actually felt they were a real couple dealing with real life.

Now I don't want to spoil the movie for anyone so if you haven't seen it but plan to please do not read any further...I'm not giving much away but I would rather not let my opinion mar the judgment of someone else till they themselves experience it ;)

* * * SPOILERS AHEAD * * *

*
*
*
*
*
*
*

Okie for me this movie was not jump out of the seat scary. It did have some breath taking moments where I squeezed the crap out of my hubby's hand and I held my breath. But it was the same kind of fear you would have reacting to a friends dilemma. You see it, you hear it, you understand what their talking about but there isn't anything you can do about it. Again it brought you in Micah & Katie's home and opened their world up to you the viewer in such a way you actually could feel for these people.

Now let's discuss the after effects of the movie. I have had a great deal of real life paranormal activity around me since I was old enough to remember. Some of it could be explained away and some of it never could be, no matter how hard anyone tried to write it off. There are just some things in this world that cannot and refuse to be write offs. What this movie did to me was bring back memories, not exactly like in the movie, no but certainly at times just as scary to me personally or others around me, and believe me when I tell you, I don't scare easily at all.

So long after we left the theater, discussing the movie and come home to our active house where things do go bump in the night, it places you on a much higher alert when hearing those things you would normally write off as Casper the friendly spirit.

The first night, Saturday night, 3:14 am I heard the typical noises but I did not have my typical reaction, this time I froze. Flash backs of the movie and seriousness of it came rushing back to me. At that moment I really wanted to call our family shaman who has dealt with the paranormal since his youth or our parish priest Ft. Hank. Lucky for them I stopped myself, and collected my senses! Especially considering the Shaman lives in another time zone and it would have been 2hrs earlier for him, lol.

Bottom line folks not only was it an awesome date with the hubby but an awesome experience I got to bring home with me for days after! lol! So I would say I got my money's worth and then some. As for the rest of the date, it was awesome, pizza/cuddles and sleep...What more could a wifey ask for?

Hope you all had a wonderful start to your week, I'm heading off to find something else to write about, who knows maybe I will write about some of my or my families bump in the night experiences...

Have a Great Tuesday Folks!

Peace be with you All...

No comments:

Post a Comment